Arabic version: اختتام البحث عن راكب كاياك مفقود في نهر غولبرن
According to ABC News, the search for Shane Wilson, a 53-year-old kayaker who disappeared while fishing on Victoria’s Goulburn River, has concluded without success. Wilson was last seen at Ghin Ghin near Yea on July 18, when his kayak overturned.
Emergency services were called after a witness on the riverbank raised the alarm. Victoria Police, the Country Fire Authority, Lifesaving Victoria and the State Emergency Service took part in the week-long search. An SES spokesperson said Wilson was a strong swimmer, but the river current was flowing rapidly. He was not wearing a life jacket.
Victoria Police said that, because of the passage of time and environmental conditions, officers held grave concerns for Wilson’s welfare and had been working to recover his body. Police said they had kept in contact with his family and would revisit the area if further information was received or there were new developments.
Wilson’s sister, Melissa Teague, said she was heartbroken after being told to prepare for the possibility that he might never be found. She described him as an incredible older brother who always looked out for her. Teague said the loss of their regular conversations was especially painful, calling Wilson not only her big brother but also her best friend.




















