Arabic version: توجيه اتهام لرجل بعد اعتداء مزعوم في غرب بريزبن
According to ABC News, Jacob Dave Henry Hauraki, 32, has appeared in Brisbane Magistrates Court charged after an alleged sexual assault on a 23-year-old woman in Brookfield, in Brisbane’s west. Police said the matter was heard on Friday morning, although Mr Hauraki did not appear and no application for bail was made.
Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said the woman had been walking with a close family member when they became separated at about 6:30am the previous day. Police allege Mr Hauraki was driving to work through the area, approached the woman from behind and dragged her into nearby bushes. Superintendent Massingham said the alleged assault continued for “some time” before the man left and went to work.
Police said the woman crossed a nearby creek and bushland after the alleged assault before reaching Brookfield Showgrounds Oval, where she contacted family and police. They allege Mr Hauraki drove back past the crime scene after finishing work and was arrested on a nearby street after police identified his vehicle.
Mr Hauraki has been charged with six counts of rape, as well as one count each of stalking, assault with intent to commit rape, assault occasioning bodily harm and deprivation of liberty. He is expected to return to court on September 18. Police said all charges relate to one incident and they are not seeking anyone else in connection with the alleged assault. A crime scene will remain in place for some time, with an increased police presence planned over coming days.
Superintendent Massingham said two witnesses provided dashcam footage after media reporting, which he described as the final information needed to identify the alleged offender. He said the woman had suffered injuries and was home with her family, receiving medical and psychological care and support from police.




















