Man Charged After Brookfield Assault Investigation

Date

Spread the love

Arabic version: توجيه اتهامات لرجل بعد التحقيق في اعتداء ببروكفيلد

According to The Guardian, Queensland police have arrested and charged a 32-year-old man after an alleged sexual assault on a woman in her 20s who was taking a morning bushwalk in Brookfield, a semi-rural Brisbane suburb.

Police said the woman was walking at about 6.30am on Thursday when she was allegedly stopped and sexually assaulted. She told officers that her attacker fled on foot. Police said they will allege the man approached her from behind near the Brookfield Road bridge.

Later that afternoon, police arrested Jacob Dave Henry Hauraki, from Raceview near Ipswich, nearby. Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said police alleged the attack was random and that the alleged attacker had been on his way to work before later driving back past the crime scene.

After an urgent public appeal on Thursday, two people provided dashcam footage, which Massingham described as “the final piece of the puzzle”. He said officers identified a vehicle they believed was similar, followed it and intercepted it.

Hauraki has been charged with six counts of rape, stalking, assault with intent to commit rape, assault causing bodily harm and deprivation of liberty. Police said the woman was being cared for by family and had received medical and psychological support. Massingham acknowledged her bravery in coming forward.

About the Author

More
articles