Arabic version: موستين تدعو إلى الاحترام بعد ادعاء مرتبط بسوانز
According to ABC News, Governor-General Sam Mostyn said she was “shocked and troubled” by a sexual assault allegation linked to Sydney Swans players, and said the matter underscored the need for constant vigilance in the respectful treatment of women.
Mostyn, a former Swans board member and the first female AFL commissioner, said her first thoughts were with the alleged victim and that she hoped the woman was being well supported. She said responsibility, accountability and appropriate action were vital, while expressing concern for women connected to the club and the wider AFL industry who had been hurt by the incident.
Victoria Police are continuing to investigate an alleged sexual assault at Melbourne’s Pullman Hotel, where the Swans were staying after their win over Essendon on Sunday night. The alleged incident occurred in the early hours of Monday morning.
The Swans have suspended Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, Isaac Heeney, James Jordon and Chad Warner for the rest of the 2026 AFL season over alleged breaches of the club’s standards and expected behaviour. The club said the sanctions concerned players continuing to drink late and bringing women back to the hotel.
It is not suggested any of the players are accused of sexual assault. The club said none of the suspended players had been formally interviewed by police or charged. Mostyn said more women were needed in coaching, administration, leadership and governance across sport, arguing diverse representation could help create safer environments.




















