Sex toys disrupt two WNBA matches
Sex toys disrupt two WNBA matches

Date

Spread the love

Arabic version: ألعاب جنسية تعطل مباراتين في دوري كرة السلة الأميركي للسيدات

According to BBC News, two Women’s National Basketball Association matches were interrupted after sex toys were thrown on to the court. Chicago Sky’s home game against Golden State Valkyries was stopped in the third quarter on Friday when multiple objects were thrown from the stands.

A green sex toy landed on the court and the game was halted while it was removed. Chicago went on to win 73-70. The Sky called the incident “disruptive and dangerous” and said those responsible would face lifetime bans. It was not yet clear whether those responsible for the Chicago disruption had been caught.

Atlanta Dream’s 124-88 victory at the Los Angeles Sparks on Thursday was also stopped in the third quarter after another object was thrown on court. The interruption came as Sparks guard Park Ji-hyun was preparing to take a free throw. A New York Times report said a “male spectator” who disrupted the game at the Crypto.com Arena was caught by arena security and would receive a lifetime ban from WNBA matches.

Chicago guard Natasha Cloud said the “men” throwing the objects on court were “lame” and “weird”. She said: “It says more about the internal struggles of that individual than it ever will say about a collective group.” Cloud added that the incidents said “a lot about how you feel about women”.

Similar incidents interrupted six WNBA matches in Atlanta, New York and Los Angeles between July and August last season. Members of a meme-coin group claimed responsibility at that time. USA Today reported that the same group said it would continue disrupting games in protest against the league’s policy on transgender athletes. The WNBA previously said spectators caught throwing sex toys on court would be banned from the league and face prosecution.

About the Author

More
articles